General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Cowles California Media - KION-TV, KCBA-TV, The Central Coast CW (KION-TV 46.2), KMUV-LP, and affiliated websites - referred to throughout as "the Station." Each contest may have its own specific rules which will be set forth in addition to these rules and will be available at www.KIONrightnow.com or www.KCBA.com and Cowles California Media Studios at 1550 Moffett Street, Salinas, CA 93905.
We Buy Your Thanksgiving Dinner Contest Dates
Nov 15 to Nov 20, 2012
Who Can Enter
1.Must be 18 or older to win. The Station reserves the right to examine identification when the winner claims prize and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors and/or any employees of Cowles Company Properties and/or their families are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win prizes.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4. The Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, internet service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. The Station is not responsible for any printing errors.
5. All entries become the property of Cowles California Media and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in the Station's sole discretion.
6. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. The TV Station may run more than one contest simultaneously.
7. Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
How to Play
Sign up to win on the Central Coast News KION/KCBA Facebook page. You must LIKE Central Coast News KION/KCBA on Facebook to enter the contest. Sign up by entering in your name, email address and phone number.
One winner will revieve a $100 giftcard to a grovery store.
8. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by the Station and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements and potential background check) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines. No one person or household may win more than one prize in The Royal Treatment at the Northern California Renaissance Faire Contest.
9. Prize(s) will be released to winner(s) only. Winner(s) may be required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to receive any prize. All winner(s) are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, contest sponsors (Northern California Renaissance Faire and Best Western), and network affiliates (CBS, FOX, CW, Telemundo) from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize. Grand prize winners must also provide anticipated date of Faire attendance and approximate costume sizes to ensure costume rental availability.
10. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No Substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner but sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Winners may be required to complete necessary forms required by the IRS to claim prizes.
11. Prize recipient(s) must be willing to have their likeness photographed, taped and posted on the Station and affiliated websites. Cowles California Media retains the rights to all footage, pictures and interviews gathered before, during, and after the contest is complete.
12. The Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
13. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors' usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant's name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant's telephone call and/or email submission.
14. Complete contest rules are available at www.KIONrightnow.com or www.KCBA.com and at Cowles California Media studios at 1550 Moffett Street, Salinas, CA 93905 during normal business hours, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5pm.
15. The Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
16. The Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.