Crews will continue replacing the bridge joint seals on the Soquel Creek Bridge into next week, Caltrans officials said.
Roadwork is being done between Bay Ave. and 41st Avenue in Capitola and will be done overnight from Sunday through Thursday, 8:30 p.m. to 5 a.m.
The following ramps will be closed as needed to complete the work.
- northbound Highway 1 on-ramp from Bay Avenue
- northbound Highway 1 off-ramp to 41st Avenue
- southbound Highway 1 on-ramp from southbound 41st Avenue.
- southbound Highway 1 on-ramp from northbound 41st Avenue.
- southbound Highway 1 off-ramp to Bay Avenue.
There will be electronic message signs alerting motorists, who can expect a delay not to exceed 10 minutes. A detour will be using 41st Avenue, Soquel Drive and Porter Street.
For more information on this project and for traffic updates on other Caltrans projects in Santa Cruz County, residents can call the District 5 toll free number at 1-877-448- 6771 or can visit the Caltrans website.