More travelers are expected to fly this year, according to a TripAdvisor survey, but their number one complaint is about how uncomfortable it is on a plane and most agreed cell phones should never be approved for use in the air.
Out of the more than four thousand respondents, 93% plan to take a domestic flight this year up 4% from 2013, and 63% plan to fly internationally up from 55% last year.
Biggest improvements in air travel:
1. More streamlined check-in process - 38%
2. Easier booking - 36%
3. More streamlined security process - 32%
Top complaints about air travel:
1. Uncomfortable seats / limited legroom - 73%
2. Costly airline fees and ticket prices - 66%
3. Unpredictable flight delays - 45%
Use of mobile devices to research flight prices or check in before takeoff continues to rise year-over-year with travelers using their smartphones to:
· Check flight status - 69% of respondents, up from 56 percent in 2013
· Check in to flights - 55%, up from 38 percent in 2013
· Research flight prices - 48%, up from 36 percent in 2013
81% would be opposed to the FAA allowing in-flight cellphone use.
Top Carry-On Essentials:
· Reading materials - 77%
· Medication - 53%
· iPad/Tablet - 52%