Santa Cruz Police officers are well underway teaching teens what it takes to be a police officer, firefighter, 9-1-1 dispatcher and emergency responder.
The one week course helps young adults gain an understanding of what the public safety positions entail.
Beginning with physical training each morning promptly at 8 o’clock, the day will focus upon learning various procedures and skills that will include:
• Police investigations procedures
• Understanding Traffic Section responsibilities of the SCPD
• Learning about Current Gang identification, culture and colors
• Identifying narcotics, drug paraphernalia and illegal drug usage
• A field trip to 911 Dispatch to learn about dispatcher requirements and to observe the call center in action
• Observing a Police K-9 demonstration
• An entire day with the SC Fire Department in which teens will: train and obtain CPR certification; receive fire extinguisher training, hose and water flow experience, technical rescue equipment (rescue techniques), ropes and knots, and knowledge of specialized equipment.
• Participation in controlled vehicle pursuit and high risk vehicle stop
• Learning and practicing ESU tactical and clear building techniques
Next Session: August 4th-8th
To register call: (831) 420-5952 or email: email@example.com