San Francisco police say several meatballs stuffed with pills have been found on the street in the Sunset district, raising fears that someone is once again trying to poison pets.
KTVU-TV reported Monday that the pills and the meatballs are being tested to determine if they are poisonous.
Police say a dog walker found several of the meatballs on a paper plate in an area where walking paths wind around a reservoir.
In February some 34 tainted meatballs were found hidden in carports, behind stairwells, along curbs and in bushes in the Twin Peaks neighborhood.
Last July, a 7-year-old dachshund named Oskar died after eating a meatball laced with strychnine in Twin Peaks. Another dog was sickened.
Police never identified any suspects.