Salinas, Calif. -

Five adults and two children were displaced after their Salinas home caught on fire Sunday night.

Fire crews were dispatched to the 1600 block of Newport Court a little after 8 p.m. The fire originated on the stove top of the home, then spread to the cabinets and attic.

Two of the occupants suffered from minor smoke inhalation. They were treated on scene.

Eighteen firefighters battled the fire and had it under control within 15 minutes. The structural damage to the home was not major, but it was enough to displace the family, Salinas fire crews said.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with housing.

Structural damage is estimated at $25,000.