Hollister police on Monday released further details about a shooting that occurred at the Chevron Station on San Felipe Road Sunday morning.
One individual -- 42-year-old Michael Richard Kich of Reno, Nevada -- has been arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly discharging a firearm during a confrontation.
Three men were shot during the Sunday morning confrontation between members of the Boozefighters motorcycle club and members of another club, the Wino's Crew.
The three people who were shot are all members of the Boozefighters club from Nevada, as is Kich. The three victims were transported to Bay Area hospitals for treatment and were reported to be in stable condition Monday.
Police say their initial investigation and witness statements revealed the confrontation was between the two clubs. There are no local chapters of Wino's Crew in the Hollister area.
Several of the victims and witnesses are not cooperating with police.
The shooting also is related to a fight on July 5th inside the rally event involving the same two rival groups.
In that incident, Kelly Eugene Rivas, 51, from Grass Valley, CA, was arrested by Rally Officers for possession of a concealed weapon. Rivas is a member of the “Wino’s Crew” from the Grass Valley Chapter.
Anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to contact Officer Matt Weiss at 636-4330 x132 or call the anonymous tipline at 800-78-CRIME.
Hollister police reported that arrests at the annual motorcycle rally were down overall from the previous year.
In 2013, police made 12 DUI citations, 32 other citations, and 30 arrests, and responded to six collisions. This year, police issued 11 DUI citations and 16 other citations, made 28 arrests, responded to four collisions and took 32 crime reports.
Arrests made on July 5 include:
- Raymond Ortiz Jr., 26, on suspicion of probation violation
- Kelly Rivas, 51, on suspicion of having a concealed knife on his person on the 500 block of San Benito Street
- Samuel Ruiz, 29, on suspicion of fighting and resisting arrest in the 400 block of San Benito Street
- Pablo Camacho Jr., 26, on suspicion of fighting and resisting arrest on the 400 block of San Benito Street.
- Alexander Trujillo, 22, on suspicion of violating a restraining order
- Simon Garcia Jr., 32, on suspicion of battery on the 400 block of San Benito Street