BONNY DOON, Calif. -

A family in Bonny Doon is displaced after their home caught fire on Saturday afternoon.

Cal Fire responded to the home at 1180 Warren Dr., at about 4:21 p.m. The two people inside were able to escape safely.

Capt. Ron Michaelsen said the blaze was accidentally started when the residents used a flammable substance near the water heater.

A total of eight engines and two water tenders were used to put out the fire.

The home is a total loss.

The family is receiving help from the Red Cross.