PRESIDIO of MONTEREY, Calif. -

UPDATED 3:32 p.m.

An emergency drill at the Presidio of Monterey and the Defense Language Institute was suspended Friday morning after an individual made threats toward the installation.

In a release sent out around 3:30 p.m., Presidio officials said that law enforcement members already on scene for the drill were able to "seamlessly transition into the real world situation and begin investigating."

One individual was taken into custody, and authorities searched that person's vehicle, ultimately determining it posted no immediate threat.

During this process the Presidio evacuated the immediate vicinity of about 10 buildings and approximately 500 people to another location on the installation.

The incident was declared all clear at 12:47 p.m. As a precaution, Presidio employees were released from the duty day.

The investigation is continuing, and no suspect information has been released at this time. Presidio officials also have not given details about the threats that were made.

EARLIER:

An emergency drill at the Presidio of Monterey and the Defense Language Institute was suspended Friday morning after officials said a "real world incident" occurred.

Officials said verbal threats were made, interrupting the drill that started around 8 a.m. As of 11:15 a.m, officials said one suspect had been detained, but Presidio personnel were being sent home in shifts as a precaution.

Authorities were still on scene and investigating as of 1:45 p.m., but no further information about the nature of the threats or the suspect have been released at this time.

Officials announced just after 10 a.m. that the drill they'd already been conducted was being suspended and some buildings were evacuated. Access to the area is being limited and Franklin Gate is closed. Officials ask for cooperation from the public in not coming to the Presidio at this time, but added that they didn't believe there was any risk to the surrounding community.

The installation's emergency preparedness exercise, which included simulated gunfire, began around 8:15 a.m. and a lock-down was initiated. Around 10:30 a.m., officials said that the Presidio and the FBI were investigating a suspicious vehicle and the facility was being locked down for real. That vehicle was later determined to not be suspicious, but the investigation is continuing.

Officials are still releasing few details, but have been posting updates on their Twitter feed.