Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 2:20 PM PDT on October 3, 2015, expires at: 10:00 AM PDT on October 04, 2015
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect from 6 PM this evening to 10 am PDT Sunday for strong winds for fire weather zone 511...
- affected area...fire weather zone 511.
- Wind...northeast winds 15 to 30 mph with frequent gusts 40 to 50 mph.
- Humidity...humidity will be fairly high with this event from 35-50% however the strength of the winds and dry fall fuels is of concern.
- Highest threat....concern will be for downed trees and powerlines that could lead to new starts especially during the overnight hours when the strongest winds are expected.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and dry fuels can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Issued at: 2:16 PM PDT on October 3, 2015, expires at: 10:00 AM PDT on October 04, 2015
- ...Wind Advisory now in effect from 6 PM this evening to 10 am PDT Sunday...
- locations...elevations above 1000 feet in the East Bay hills.
- Timing...8 PM PDT Saturday through 10 am PDT Sunday.
- Winds...northeast winds increasing to 20 to 35 mph with gusts from 40 to 50 mph.
- Impacts...trees and branches weakened by drought conditions can be blown down. Power outages will be possible. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.