A 20-year-old man has been booked into the Monterey County Jail, accused of robbing a 13-year old middle school boy of his cell phone.
Police say the robbery happened early Thursday morning as the victim was walking to school. No weapon was seen but the victim's life was threatened if he did not comply, said police.
While the officer was taking the report, 3 more victims came forward and told the officer the same type of robberies that had occurred earlier in the week.
After taking the reports, the Salinas Police officer spotted a man that matched the description at the intersection of Del Monte and N. Sanborn Road.
Gerardo Chavez was arrested on an outstanding warrant and was positively identified by victims as the robbery suspect, police tell Central Coast News.
Chavez was booked into Monterey County Jail on four counts of robbery and a gang enhancement.
Salinas Police believe there are more robbery victims that have not come forward and urge anyone experiencing a similar crime to contact the police department as soon as possible.